This is a small bite sized treat that can be eaten as an afternoon pick me up or after a meal with coffee. It can be stored in the fridge for up to a month and with the busy entertaining season coming up will be a great backup to have in the fridge to serve guest that pop in for the season.
The suggested flavours below are what I have tried based on what I had available but feel free to create your own flavours.
50g raw cacao powder
100ml Pure Naturally Coconut Oil, melted
80ml rice malt syrup
250g shredded coconut
60g Pure Naturally Coconut Oil, solid
30ml hot water
170ml rice malt syrup
Pinch of salt
Green tea: 2 tsp matcha green tea powder (more or less to taste)
Ginger: 1 toothpick swirl Doterra Ginger essential oil (if using other brand check that is approved for internal use)
Mango: 25g mango diced finely
- Make the chocolate glaze by sifting raw cocoa into a sauce pan and add rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Stir over low heat until well combined. Set aside to cool.
- Place the filling ingredients into a blender and whiz on a medium speed until combined.
- Divide filling mixture into three bowls and add flavouring.
Green tea: Place the mixture back into the blender and add matcha powder, pulse until the powder is evenly mixed. The amount of powder used is based on preference, for my test batch I added 2 teaspoons and had one taster say it was not strong enough and another saying it was too strong!
Ginger: Again this is based on preference. I added one drop of ginger essential oil which resulted in a very intense flavour, for a less intense flavour dip a tooth pick into the oil and swirl through the mixture,,
Mango: Gently stir the mango pieces into the filling mixture.
- With wet hands roll the mixture into bite size balls and place on a tray in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Dip balls into glaze using two forks, allow access to drip of and place on chilled tray. Chill for 30 minutes or until the glaze is set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.