I would love to say that I came up with this recipe because I am such a great cook! But the reality is this recipe came about because I failed when trying to make another recipe and I didn’t want to throw the mixture away because mangoes are expensive :> I ended up putting the mixture in a cake tin and topped it with the mango I had left and created this beautiful slice.
300g coconut flakes (added in two stages)
60g Pure Naturally Coconut Oil, solid
20ml hot water
170ml rice malt syrup
Mango slices to decorate
- Place coconut flakes into blender and pulse until it looks like desiccated coconut but still has some larger flakes. Remove and set aside
- Place the mango in the blender and blend until it is pureed.
- Add 250g of the coconut, coconut oil, hot water and rice malt syrup into the blender with the mango and blend until combined. The mixture will be slightly runny but should not be watery. Fold in the remaining coconut, this will make the mixture slightly more solid.
- Press the mixture into a springform cake pan, smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange mango pieces on the top, chill overnight.