We came across Jennifer’s and Hannah’s blog on Instagram: @HealthSynergy and we came away very impressed with this dynamic mother-daughter duo. Their blog, website and now mobile app is full of beautiful healthy recipes, well-being tips and even travel tips. Their food philosophy is to use ingredients that are as close to their natural source as possible, organic, seasonal and nutrient dense, perfectly aligned with ours. This is why we don’t use heat whatsoever in the extraction of Pure Naturally Virgin Coconut Oil. You can check out their full profile here.
After reading that, we knew we had to send a bottle of Pure Naturally Virgin Coconut Oil to them. We are happy to say that they came away impressed with the quality of our oil and the innovative design of the bottle. So much so that they agreed to develop a recipe for us and we were blown away with this Coconut Match Lime Pie, I mean, just look at it. Try it and impress everyone including yourself.
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tbsp hulled tahini
1 1/2 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp boiling water
Matcha lime filling
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/4 cup filtered water
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tbsp lime zest
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp lucuma powder, optional
3 tbsp coconut nectar
1/2 tsp matcha powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
350 grams plain coconut yoghurt (CoYo)
1 cup chickpea foam*
*Strain chickpeas, reserving liquid and transfer liquid to a mixing bowl. Using a hand-held beater, beat until soft peaks form.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix.
- Then add all remaining base ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Grease and line tart case (20cm diameter) and press the mixture into the base.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- Place in a high-power blender and combine with all remaining matcha-lime filling ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon filling on top of the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set | To make coconut ‘cream’ layer combine coconut yoghurt and chickpea ‘foam’ in a mixing bowl and gently fold | Spoon on top of the matcha-lime layer and place in the fridge until ready to consume.
- Dust with lime zest, serve and enjoy.